Sunday, February 3, 2013

My Journey Back to Haiti

My journey back to Haiti is approaching, and I look forward to reconnecting with the people and their hearts in the beautiful country of Haiti. I've missed them all since the moment I left, and I am counting down the days until my return with our new team. Although I may know a little bit of what to expect when I return, I also know that this will be a whole new and exciting experience. I trust that God will once again have something amazing in store for all of us as I know He always has.

"This Gospel of the kingdom shall be preached in the whole world for a witness to all the nations, and then the end shall come."
- Matthew 24:14

I really think this verse is telling us how God won't call us home when we aren't ready. He is going to be sure we have all heard his Word. Everyone from the small villages, to the large cities in Haiti, God is loving all of them and protecting their hearts with His love and care.

This trip will be different, in so many ways, but we shouldn't be nervous about it being a new experience for most of us. Be excited, with an open mind and be ready for this amazing experience for all of us to come.

Although he may not be physically here, I would still like to thank our dear Kenton Van Pelt for initiating this trip to Haiti once again into our hearts and minds. I know Kenton is smiling down at us, knowing we are all keeping Haiti in our hearts with him in memory.

I am inspired by many different situations, and look forward to the endless possibilities and plans that God has in store for me and the rest of the team in the near future.

May God bless you all,

Jill deBoer 

No comments:

Post a Comment