Sunday, February 24, 2013

SO PUMPED

I can't believe it is less than 2 weeks till Haiti! I'm am beyond pumped!
Last year, I missed my opportunity to go on a mission trip, so I decided I would create a trip for the next March break. My friend Kenton offered to help, so we began brainstorming. Our close friend Kenton had passed away during the summer, so I made sure that we would go back to Haiti, which is where he had travelled last year with HDCH. He will be on my mind the whole time I am there, and I am sure that I will feel closer to him than ever before. 
I can tell this will be a trip that would break me out of my comfort zone and teach me what it is really like to give to others and love people no matter what. I can't wait to play with the children and see all the beautiful smiling faces, and obviously soaking up some sun and even trying new food! 
The team and I have come so far as we've gone through many meetings and done tons of planning and preparing. I think I can speak for all of us when I say we are excited! 
I can tell that God is going to work me on this trip and I can't wait to see what He has in store for me. 

ps. There are only 13 more days! WOOHOOOO :) 

Kendra Slagter

1 comment:

  1. It was such blessing to share your pre-trip enthusiasm and energy last night @ 1:45 AM! This trip is going to continue to shape you along your own faith journey as you experience life in Haiti. It was such a blessing to have the chance to pray together on the bus before you left and you're in our prayers right now as you travel! I wish you a wonderful time in Haiti!
    In His Hands, Mrs. VanderVelde

    ReplyDelete