Sunday, February 3, 2013

Starting off

Don't really know where to start but I guess by saying that this blog is for our trip to Mission of Hope, Haiti for 10 days during March Break with our school. We went last year to Mission of Hope for the first time with 13 students and 2 chaperones, and this year we are going back with 16 students, 2 chaperones, and we are being joined by Kenton Van Pelt's dad and sister.

So I guess really this trip started a long time ago. I lived at Mission of Hope, in Haiti while my parents were missionaries there for 3 years. I moved back to Canada September of 2011, and that's when I started a mission trip at my highschool with my history class. We had an amazing time last year and everyone really enjoyed it. Kenton especially, and he was planning on leading another trip back to Mission of Hope. When he passed away in the summer, Kendra came and asked me for help to follow through with that, and we proceeded in being the student leaders for a team to go back. So me and Kendra started planning, the school approved the trip, we got the team picked, and we found chaperones. Thankfully there had already been a team that went last year, so we didn't have as much work to do to. In the end of December we had a Orientation Retreat, and I think we got to know each other a bit better. And that basically brings us to now. Everything has fallen into place pretty well, and with only 33 days left until we go back, I think everyone is getting really excited.

So yeah thats the basic version of how things came together, and I think its going to be a really good trip, and I'm looking forward to it.

-Teagan van der Mark

No comments:

Post a Comment